We got the goop today. That doesn't sound very clean, but what we mean is -- we attended goop founder Gwyneth Paltrow's keynote talk at the 2016 Antiques Home & Garden Show in Nashville!
Gwyneth spoke with moderator Windsor Smith, a design industry veteran who designed the home that the celebrity now lives in L.A.
Below, we put together a few memorable quotes from the talk. We hope there's a takeaway in there that leaves you inspired!!!!
QUOTES WE LOVED
*note: we were typing fast, so some may be paraphrased!
- "Houses are emotional to me." - WS (she literally got teary)
- "Design is very instinctual for me." GP (you either have it or you don't, am I right?)
- "My design is organic, intuitive design, not necessarily intellectual." WS (my kind of girl)
- "Windsor built this incredible, detail-oriented house. I fell in love with it, and I fell in love with you." GP (#girlpower!)
- "I feel great when I walk into a space and it has a sense of history and comfort." WS (re: decorating with antiques)
- Windsor asked Gwyneth what her favorite heirloom was: it's her mother's (actress Blythe Danner) antique armoire. What's your favorite heirloom piece? Comment below!
- Windsor only builds one bathroom (shower, toilet, etc.) for couples. Why? She swears it helps them stay together! LOL. What do you think?
- Gwyneth said her favorite romantic comedy is Annie Hall, she loves The Goonies, and Dead Poets Society had a huge impact on her in high school.
- Gwyneth said she may have her next goop pop-up in Nashville. Gwyn, we're in to be your host!!!!
The Antiques & Garden Show is happening now through Sunday! Learn more + buy tickets here.